Americans for Ben-Gurion University endorses and adheres to the Donor’s Bill of Rights developed by the Association of Fund Raising Professionals, Association for Healthcare Philanthropy, Council for Advancement and Support of Education, and The Giving Institute:
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes that they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of their organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity to delete their names from mailing and emailing lists that the organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
If you have any questions about the Donor’s Bill of Rights, the practices of this site or your interaction with this site, or if you would like to ensure that your name and address are not shared with other like-minded organizations, please contact:
Americans for Ben-Gurion University
1001 Avenue of the Americas, 19th Floor
New York, NY 10018