What Negev Desert Animal Are You Quiz Contest Rules and Prizes
1. NO PURCHASE NECCESARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility: This desert animal quiz (contest) is open to all legal residents of the United States, who as of July 1, 2015 are at least 18 years of age and have a valid e-mail account. Only one entry per individual is permitted. Anyone with multiple e-mail addresses may only enter one. Employees of American Associates, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (Americans for Ben-Gurion University) and Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (BGU), as well as Americans for Ben-Gurion University national board members, BGU board of governors, and their immediate family members (parents, children and siblings of, and any person domiciled with specified employees and lay leadership) are not eligible.
3. Method of Entry: The contest begins on Wednesday, July 1, 2015 and closes on Monday, September 7, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time. Each entry must include a valid e-mail address, name and zip code.
4. Selection of Winners: Three winners will be selected in an electronically random drawing by Americans for Ben-Gurion University on Tuesday, September 8, 2015. Odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received.
5. Winner Notification and Acceptance: The winners will be notified via e-mail no later than Wednesday September 9, 2015. Winners must demonstrate proof of age and U.S. residency. Winners will have one week to respond. Failure to respond within one week or meet the eligibility requirements will result in default of the prize and a new entrant will be selected. The winners grant Americans for Ben-Gurion University the right to use their names and images (photograph) in advertising and promotion of the contest, Americans for Ben-Gurion University and BGU without further compensation.
6. Prizes: The first prize winner to be drawn will receive an Apple Watch Sport (in winner’s choice of 38 mm black or white stainless steel case) valued at $549. The second prize winner will receive Bose QuietComfort®25 noise canceling headphones (in winner’s choice of black or white for Apple or Droid) valued at $299.95, and the third prize winner will receive a $100 Amazon gift card. All applicable taxes related to acceptance of the prize are the responsibility of the winner. The prize will be shipped directly from the vendor to the winner’s home or address of choice within the U.S.
7. Participation: All decisions regarding disqualification of entries shall be in Americans for Ben-Gurion University’s sole discretion. Americans for Ben-Gurion University is not liable for lost, late, delayed, damaged, or incomplete e-mail or transactions, for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Americans for Ben-Gurion University. In the event of a dispute, all e-mail entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the e-mail account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an e-mail account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account.
8. Limitations of Liability: By entering the contest, entrant agrees that all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; any claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorney’s fees and under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, and any other damages other than damages for actual out of pocket expenses.
9. Construction: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these official contest rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and Americans for Ben-Gurion University shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of New York without giving effect to any choice of laws or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provisions were not contained therein.
10. General Release: By entering the contest, contestants release Americans for Ben-Gurion University, BGU and their affiliated companies and agents from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damage of any kind whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the contest or with the acceptance or possession of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light).
11. Sponsor: The Desert Animal Quiz is sponsored by American Associates, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (Americans for Ben-Gurion University) whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Americans for Ben-Gurion University will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these official contest rules, the Desert Animal Quiz or in other materials related to the contest.
Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer (or any information/materials stored thereon) related to or resulting from participating in this contest or downloading materials from or use of the Americans for Ben-Gurion University website and social media sites. If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Sponsor, in its sole opinion, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or suspend the contest and select the winner from all eligible entries received for such affected drawing prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor or by some other means determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate and consistent with the spirit of these official rules. In such event, notice will be posted at facebook.com/aabgu and twitter.com/aabgu.
If you have any questions regarding this contest, please contact Americans for Ben-Gurion University at [email protected], 212-687-7721 or 800-962-2248.